The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

11.12.2008

When things are quiet and messy

I know that it's been quiet around here lately. I've been rather quiet on other fronts, too. I'm not doing much writing beyond what my current paying projects require. I'm not happy about this. My mind feels dull and cluttered, much like the view from my kitchen window: a persistently overcast sky above a leaf strewn yard. Yes, things are grey and messy around here. Honestly, it's making me feel a bit bleak and hopeless. But I'm choosing to believe that this is the quiet before the creative storm.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 1:08 AM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you. My advice: go stomp on some leaves and see what flies out of them.

11/12/2008 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only recently figured out my creative "cycle," as it were. I have times of retreat that make me crazy thinking I will never write again. Rest easy that your writing mind is busy at work and will hand you the words when they are ready.

(hug)

11/13/2008 6:50 PM  
Blogger GailNHB said...

Dull and cluttered, grey and messy, real and human.
And always the journey continues.
The sun will shine through the dull clouds and brighten your days and lift your spirits yet again.

Sometimes sitting in the darkness is the best thing.
Sometimes the best thing is to light a candle.
I pray that you will know the best time to do each.

11/14/2008 11:55 AM  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

I've been starring at the screen...hoping some wise and inspired words might flow forth into this tiny box.
Grey and messy.
I get it.
I understand.
You are not alone, sweet soul.

Sending love,
xoxoxo

11/14/2008 4:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Choose, yes! Choose the quiet before the storm!

11/15/2008 1:10 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

quiet before the storm, sometimes it is important i think .. hope your quiet feeds you!!

11/19/2008 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home