The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

9.29.2008

Squam Interview on BlogHer

me, as seen by beth from more doors

I was tickled pink when Jen Lemen asked to interview me about my experience at Squam Art Workshops for her Art & Design column on BlogHer. You can read it here.

I'm concerned that my last post about Squam makes it seem like I had a lousy time there. That's not true. As usual, the truth is multifaceted. The truth is, I did feel socially awkward and like I didn't get the experience I'd hoped for. The truth also is that I met some wonderful people, made some exciting new friends, and learned a lot about art and myself. It's all the truth. The truth is messy. And I'm (learning to be) okay with that.

So if you're feeling like a social misfit and want someone to commiserate with, read my last post. But if you're wondering what it was like for a word-loving writer to be thrust into the woods with more than 100 image-making artists, read the interview.

Labels: , , , ,

add to kirtsy | 1:35 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

love this picture.

9/30/2008 5:57 AM  
Blogger GailNHB said...

Love the picture and the honesty of both of these posts. I look forward to reading the interview. You are blessed to be able to have had that experience and to be interviewed by Jen Lemen!

9/30/2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger Jen Lee said...

Fantastic interview, just as I knew it would be...

9/30/2008 4:39 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

the interview is great! i'm so happy for you.

xoxo

9/30/2008 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUPASTAH!!!

SOOOO happy for you :-)

What a great interview!

Congrats!

10/03/2008 8:44 PM  
Blogger jin said...

Fantastic!! Well done!
Love the photo too...
x x x

10/04/2008 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home