Observations upon returning from Squam
- My fight or flight instinct is stronger than I realized. I tend to want to jump ship as soon as I get frustrated. (Thankfully, my painting teacher talked me through it and kept me from ripping up my painting and fleeing for the safety of my cabin.)
- I loved being around so many artsy women and gleaning fashion tips from them. I want to start layering shirts, wearing dresses over jeans, piling on the necklaces, wearing my hair in pigtails (which I did), and being just as fun and funky as I've always secretly
wanted to bebeen, without worrying that anyone will think I look "weird." Almosteveryone deals with personal doubts and gremlins.
- New Hampshire is beautiful.
- I should take bug spray with me next time.
- Several of my blog crushes know who I am!
- I underestimate myself.
- I now know what matte medium is and how to use it.
- Getting a cold while in the middle of the woods is not pleasant, but neither will it kill you.
- Having your ears completely clog on the plane is very, very, very, very frightening, especially if you're claustrophobic.
- Being stuck in a tiny water closet in a cabin is also very frightening.
- Listening to your body is some of the best medicine.
- I'm ready for Autumn.
Where (and how) are you?