Lessons from the lightning bugs
What the fireflies teach me:
- Magic is happening all around you. (look: here. and over here. there. here and here. look.)
- Fences are artificial divisions. There is no real difference between my land and yours.
- Not all creepy crawlies are scary.
- There's always room and time to play.
- There's light in the darkness if only we can see it.
- Joy and wonder are ours for the taking and giving.
- Even the most ordinary-looking little thing is full of unexpected possibility.
- Whimsy is not limited to little children.