The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

8.03.2007

An Exercise in Overkill (Or, Stick with what you know)

For those of you keeping abreast of the shoe situation:

Did you know that Shoes.com has free shipping? And free returns? It's like having a shoe store in your home!

So in a last minute panic to find footwear for BlogHer, I ordered seven pairs of shoes. Seven. (Note to procrastinators: Rush shipping ain't free. Argh.)

Here are the shoes I ordered, hoping to find one or two pairs that worked:


Here are the shoes I actually took to BlogHer. (Note: Only two of the Shoes.com brood made the cut.) (Also note peeping toe with French pedicure cuteness at bottom of frame.)


And here are the shoes I actually wore at BlogHer:


Two pair of flip-flops that I already owned!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to package up six pairs of shoes for a free return trip. (The Skechers may get to stay, I'm still not sure.)

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 7:06 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Cute shoes . . . such a shame they all had to go back (minus the Sketchers, maybe ?!). I always end up with the old faithful's, too . . . . gotta love the flip-flops !!

8/04/2007 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wear one pair of sandles here in the AZ. no matter where I am headed sandles work. AZ is so nice and laid back!

8/06/2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

As someone who lugged five pairs of shoes to BlogHer all the way from Scotland, I looooved this entry!

It was great meeting you at BlogHer too! Yesterday I was wondering about That Nice Girl I Sat Next Too At Jillian Michaels' Lunch and wondering where the bloody hell I put all my business cards but then your comment popped up. Awesome :) After hearing so much at BlogHer about ads and blogging for money and all that, it's great to find someone using blogs to tell stories... my favourite kind of blog, darnit!

8/09/2007 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home