Sunday Scribblings: Eccentricity
1. I must have Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with me at all times. I have them stashed in my purse, car, and around the house. (This one also made my previous list of oddities.)
2. The sound of a ticking clock turns me into a ticking time bomb. If there's one within earshot of my sleeping quarters, you can count on me unplugging, dismantling, de-battery-ing, or smashing it.
3. Chewing noises can gross me out. I have a friend to thank for making me even more aware of this nasty sound.
4. I find it nearly impossible to sit with both feet flat on the floor.
5. I often feel more at ease on cloudy days.
6. I choose my side of the bed based on the location of the room's door.
7. I used to dip carrots in orange juice.
8. I also used to eat ketchup and butter sandwiches on white bread, a delicacy named an "Uncle Ken Special" after my great-uncle whose one index finger stuck straight out and wouldn't bend, having been sewn back on after a machinery accident. He also taught me to say: "See my finger? See my thumb? See my fist? You better run!" I used to replace the last line with "I better run!"
9. I listen to almost no current mainstream music, but am a big fan of 80s music. A good power ballad with a killer electric guitar solo gets me every time. (Oops, this is also a repeat from the previous list.)
10. I'm an obsessive sign reader. Road trips with me can be taxing.
Are you weird? Of course you are! Tell me about it in the comments.
Labels: sunday scribblings