The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

4.15.2006

I've been tagged. Oh my.

Okay, my bro has tagged me. I'll play along. This time.

RULES:
Each player of this game starts with "six weird things/habits about yourself." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own six weird things/habits as well as state this rule clearly.

At the end you need to choose six people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" and tell them to read your blog.

1. Like others in my family, I must carry lip moisturizer with me at all times. It seems I've outgrown Chapstick. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm is my stick of choice.

2. When I was a little girl, I had to sleep with at least a sheet covering me, especially if I was sleeping on my stomach. Without the sheet, that monkey in the ceiling might stick a hypodermic needle in my butt.

3. A car once crashed into my kitchen, blowing the stove out of the wall and narrowly missing my mom.

4. I didn't have my first tooth cavity until I was 23. It required a root canal.

5. I will only drink chocolate milk if it's at least partially frozen.

6. I love 80s music. There's just nothing like a good power ballad.

I don't have time to tag anyone right now; I'm going to be late for a lunch date. And come to think of it, I don't think I have six friends who blog. Hmph.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 11:25 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it seems we share many strange and unusal habits. That is understandable, our father is a clown.

4/15/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

and that just scratches the surface of things, i'm sure.

4/15/2006 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the 80s power ballad! And she's totally serious about the lip balm thing. She used to sleep with it in college.

Remember our end of the world dance-a-thons?

4/15/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Do those qualify as strange and unusual??? I thought all college kids did that!

4/15/2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home