The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

3.14.2006

Whiffles and Sniffles and Sneezles, oh my!

I am a veritable cornucopia of germs. For over two weeks now I've been battling some germy little invader. It was playing hide-n-seek. Appear for a day as the flu. Come back three days later as a sore throat. This went off and on until this past weekend when it decided to show itself in all its phlegmy glory. I'm a wreck. And I'm seriously thinking about investing in Kleenex Brand Tissues and bottled water.

If anyone feels really bad for me and wants to buy me a present to cheer me up, here are a few good ideas from Anthropologie (which unfortunately, I can't just link to). So here's how to view my little wish list: 1) Visit this page; 2) Enter jennann@hotmail.com. (The Seven Star Pendant is especially fetching this time of year.)

Labels:

add to kirtsy | 5:57 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...i think you might want to check and see if you have a fever, too. you seem to be having a hallucination that involves your friends being wealthy enough to shop at anthropologie!

3/15/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Actually, yes, I do have a fever. And today, after my second doctor appointment this week, I've been diagnosed with an acute sinus infection. I'm now on an antibiotic that retails for $95 for 7 pills! Thankfully, my health plan is quite good and I only had to pay $14 for them. But boy, that retail price makes the Anthropologie stuff sound cheap! (All of the stuff on my wish list is on sale, by the way. The necklace that I'm lusting after was originally $228. At $59.95 now it's a virtual steal!)

3/15/2006 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.
I completely forgot about my lust for Anthropologie. Another catalog/ site where I'll take one of everything. Let me know how you come along on that rich and generous friend thing....

3/17/2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

I have generous friends. I'm just waiting for the rich ones to come along!

3/20/2006 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home