The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

3.30.2006

Gatwick: Before and After

Enough with the comments on the last post! I am back in blogging style. Isn't it enough for you people that I work two jobs and just spent the last two days at a conference?? Persecution indeed! (thanks for the random facts. i do appreciate the effort, pal.)

So here you go...

My big fat kitty cat proves once again that he is mostly fur. The poor guy's hair was so long that it was matting in what I call his armpits. He couldn't even effectively lick his own butt. He could reach, but he just couldn't get past all his hair.

Gatwick is so much happier with his new crew cut. Even though it took 40 minutes of James wrestling him into the carrier, the grooming trip was a success.

I present to you Fat Cat...















And Skinny Cat:


Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 12:20 AM

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that is so freakin' hilarious! He looks like Emma when we give her a bath--all bones and wounded vanity. Glad to have you back in blog-style!

3/30/2006 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much better. But am i talking about you blogging or the cat???

3/30/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Emma lets you bathe her?? I think I'd lose an eye if I had to wet down Gatwick.

3/30/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Thanks, Dave. I'll take it that you're referring to both.

3/30/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

I should also mention that Gatwick is so much happier now. He's like a playful kitten, and even got up on the bed to sleep with me around 3:00 this morning -- something he hasn't down for about a year. I don't think he's embarrassed by being bald. I think he revels in it. You should see how happy he looks to be able to reach all his parts for a good licking! And really, who can blame him?

3/30/2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the last picture where he has a little pointy beard. He looks kind of Puss in Boots-esque!

3/30/2006 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only did you blog but your now commenting too on your blogs. oh im so proud. now only if you would sign up for myspace so you can wreck havok on my blog!!!

3/30/2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

I like the beard, too. I think he looks like a little Amish cat.

3/30/2006 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amish!!! You konw how I feel about the Amish!!! No wonder I like Gatwickers (yeah im the only that calls him that. and how is little franny? still prancing?)

3/30/2006 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Emma "lets" us bathe her. Well, Chad holds her down and wrestles her with soapy hands until she just gives up in disgust and lets him. Then she's very friendly with me and tries to get as close as she can so she can transfer some of her wetness to me. She had a bath this morning, in fact, and she hasn't fluffed back out yet, so she's still kind of a sorry sight. But she smells better. I'm glad Gatwick can reach all his parts.

3/30/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Ally -- You should post a picture of post-bath Emma on your blog.

3/30/2006 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you are on myspace, I think it is time to focus all energy and time on that instead of this blog. I know you wont but I have to lobby for myspace.

3/31/2006 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home