The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

2.08.2006

Pixburghers are Nuts

So the Steeler victory celebration parade in downtown Pittsburgh today drew a crowd of 250,00. Say it with me now: Two hundred, fifty thousand. Officials had expected 40,000. Just a small underestimation.

And in a weird news tidbit, I just read that Greg and Rebecca Sparks of The Sparks created a song about Jerome Bettis. I saw The Sparks perform while I was in college. I don't think I realized that they are local. Anyway, they sing folksy-popish Christian tunes. And now they sing the praises of football legends, apparently. Fair enough, I suppose.

Question to Jess if she's reading: Is saying "Greg and Rebecca Sparks of The Sparks" like saying "Kip Winger of Winger fame"?

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 12:12 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not at all the same.
Not many people are familiar with Greg and Rebecca, so it's understandable that you'd say "of The Sparks."
But with Kip Winger on the other hand...he's a rock/metal god, so the mention of Winger fame was just not necessary. I mean, come on...who doesn't know that Kip Winger IS Winger? Who doesn't still have a shrine in their bedroom?

Jess Winger-Wessel

2/09/2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home