The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

11.24.2008

Tell Your Story: An Interview with Jen Lee

The magical Jen Lee, photo by Jen Lemen
Some things I love:

  • new friends with old souls;

  • beautiful creative projects;

  • learning how to do something new; and

  • getting to the heart of a story.

This audio interview
that I did with the radiant Jen Lee envelops all four of these things. First of all, my lovely new friend Jen has a wise soul that practically glows with creativity. To create this interview, she taught me a thing or two about using Garage Band on my new Mac. But the best part of this little interview is getting to hear a piece of Jen's story, including how and why she created Don't Write: A Reluctant Journal and Solstice: Stories of Light in the Dark, two projects that are still available for purchase on her website. (Each are part of limited edition runs, so don't wait to order them!)

Treat yourself to a warm beverage, close your eyes, and allow yourself to soak in Jen's voice as she talks about having the courage to write and making our voices heard.

(Once you click through to the audio link, just click "Play" to listen to the interview online.)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

add to kirtsy | 12:07 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

oh, I loved this SO much!!!
i could have sat and listened to your sweet voices all evening ;-)
xoxoxo

11/24/2008 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I recall we had dinner at Squam the night following the Arts & Craft Fair. It was really a pleasure meeting up with you. I really enjoyed listening to you and the sweet Jen Lee. Such a pleasure. I'll be ordering the Solstice audio. Happy Thanksgiving.

Trish
patriciadolan@comcast.net

11/25/2008 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo! What fun!

I'm saving this to enjoy on Friday - when I have some good quality, alone time to soak it in.

Can't wait :-)

11/26/2008 8:09 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

This was wonderful!!!!

It makes me want to pour a pot of tea and listen all over again!!

11/27/2008 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home