The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

9.21.2007

How Did You Find Me?

Awhile back I admitted to being a wee bit obsessed with my Google Analytics numbers, especially the map that shows where my readers live. I've calmed down a bit in the checking-my-stats-multiple-times-a-day-department, but I still love to look at the map overlay and see that I have some regular readers in Canada, England, and all around the States. And I still get excited when a new city or country shows up on the map. It's like stamp collecting, only interesting.

Geography aside, today I want to talk about search terms and keywords. According to my statistics, this blog has received 115 visits from 100 keywords since I installed Google Analytics back in March. And oh the keywords that have been used! Some make a lot of sense. Things like "The Word Cellar" or "McGuiggan" have brought a few people here. But others, like "bombastic example sentence" and "Michael Jackson cream" are a bit unexpected.

Appreciated. But unexpected.

Here is a collection of some of the more noteworthy words and phrases that have landed people on this blog.

First bra stories are disturbingly popular:
  • 1st bra
  • "first bra"
  • first bra stories
  • "fifth grade" "first bra"
  • "first bra" "video"
  • "first bra" "stories”
  • first training bra


The kits and their litter box shenanigans garnered some modest attention:

  • litterless litter box
  • cat box litterless
  • home made pee soup (I have a hunch that this was a typo on the part of the searcher.)


The topic of sororities is the most popular item by far:

  • sorority humiliation stories
  • "joining a sorority"
  • christians and sororities
  • christians in sororities
  • fake sorority
  • first impressions count sorority
  • glad i didn't pledge a sorority
  • pounding the pledges
  • sorority pledge humiliation
  • sorority pledge week stories
  • sorority poem excuses
  • sorority secret language used during underground pledging

Not too surprisingly , terms like word, cellar, and stories are popular. But look what configurations they get into:


  • 55 word stories
  • alternatives for the word said
  • another word for cellar bar
  • creepy cellar stories and poems
  • empty cellar syndrome
  • how do you write the word hello in chinese
  • illustrated short pillow stories
  • in the cellar eating sour fruit poem
  • morning word to tell a lady
  • sad dinosaur story
  • sayings with the word summer in it
  • spirit cellar phones
  • bees and the cellar phone
  • "what is so interesting about the word" "serendipity"
  • what kind of stories do knitters tell?
  • words and stories suitable for jewish weddings

Here are some of the more random, amusing, and confusing search terms:


Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 12:54 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger meghan said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I've looked at my words too and I am always amazed at what comes up - ridiculous searches!!

9/23/2007 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work for a Waterworks Supply company. I searched "2 WAY HYDRANT M & H" for a picture so i hit the images tab on google... and there you were (or your hydrant w/ stones pic). Interesting blog. We are in Robertsdale, AL (btwn Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL)

11/06/2009 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home