The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

4.06.2007

All Around the World

Hello, my name is Jennifer, and I'm a Google Analytics-holic.

About a month ago I installed this free tracking program on my blog and my website and am now addicted to checking it. Obsessively. Like way too often.

As my traffic has increased, so has my obsession. I've been working on building a readership by doing all those little things that the blogperts (my new word for blog experts -- do you think it will catch on?) recommend: posting frequently, reading other blogs and making worthwhile comments on them, and simply telling people about my blog. And whaddya know? It's working! That's why they're the blogperts. (I don't think it will catch on. It reminds me too much of the word pervert for some reason.)

I'm dizzy with excitement when I look at the map of visitors to this blog.
In addition to visitors from all over the U.S., folks from Argentina (Córdoba), Australia (Jordanville and Boondall), Canada (North Vancouver), China (Changchun and Foshan), Dominican Republic (Santo Domingo), and Morocco (Aït Hammou) have been here! It's like a little global village, people. But I'm going to have to have a serious emailing-to with my friends from England. Where are they? The U.K. needs some representation, Claire. [If I missed your country or got something incorrect, please don't be mad. Just say hello in the comments section.]

I also discovered that Betsy, a fellow cupcake-lover and no longer just some girl, has added me to her blogroll. I don't know how she found me, but I'm flattered.

Don't worry -- I don't know who my visitors are. I'm not going to start stalking or calling you. The only thing I can see is your city and country of origin. So please, if you're visiting for the first time or are a regular lurker, join the conversation, even if it's just to introduce yourself. I'm also open to suggestions for this blog, on everything from content to design. In fact, I'm hoping to better integrate my website and blog in a few months, complete with a snazzy new design. Get in now if you have an opinion.

But if you really prefer to read quietly, that's good, too. I'm just really glad you're here. Welcome, world!

add to kirtsy | 2:11 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool and popular you are, my friend ! Makes me feel special to be linked to such a blog . . . and like I'd better get my butt in gear and post more often !!

4/06/2007 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the fact my dot is the biggest!!!

4/06/2007 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home