The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

11.13.2006

It's awfully quiet in here...

Is anyone reading this? I know that I have a small band of followers -- I mean readers. Why so quiet, friends? Is it because I broke the cardinal rule of polite conversation? I brought up Religion AND Politics. Oh my. But this is a blog, not polite conversation.

I have images of you reading this and shaking your head in dismay at my mixed-up, wayward ways. Are my opinions shocking? Poorly reasoned? Or is everyone quiet because you agree wholeheartedly and have nothing to add?

I'm not exactly encouraging heated arguments here, but I do wonder what the silence means.

Maybe I'll go on a blog-posting-strike until someone chimes in. Or maybe that's what you want! After all, in my last post I promised to write about abortion and gay marriage. Maybe you're all hoping I just start talking about my cats again. :)

add to kirtsy | 12:57 PM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here! I'm here! Don't strike! I agree with your last post--you should seriously talk to Sandhya if you're looking for the Christian Left. She's like, the entire PR wing. It's actually refreshing to read the political/religious stuff on your blog. Keep it up, and don't be afraid.

11/13/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

A voice in the wilderness - yay! Thanks for the encouragement.

11/13/2006 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm here, too! i just have to figure out what i think about politics these days before i can share it with you!

11/14/2006 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will only write back after you have written an entire blog in german...ok thats a lie.

11/14/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

jess -- discussion is part of discovery.

evad -- Ich spreche nicht Deutsches (allyson -- is that right?)

11/14/2006 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not speak German? Well good thing I do.

11/14/2006 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ich spreche KEIN Deutsch.

11/15/2006 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home