The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

10.14.2006

Live Lobsters to Celebrate 5 Years!

A few weeks ago James and I celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary. To celebrate, I honored James' love of all things surf and turf, and ordered a Lobster Gram. The nice company in Maine ships live lobsters and other tasty goodies straight to your door. I didn't get a picture of the FedEx guy delivering it, but that's okay, because he wasn't wearing a lobster costume, despite my hopes.

Here's the box the little crustaceans arrived in:


And here are the beauties themselves. The one on the right was definitely the fiestier of the two. It gave James a bit of a fight. Thank goodness for those rubber bands! (And yes, that is a lemon and a plastic bag of butter packets nestled into the box with the lobsters.)


I made James put them in the pot of boiling water. (And no, they did not scream.) (And yes, I did feel a little bit bad about the whole thing. But someone else killed the cow that gave us our filet mignon. It shouldn't make a difference who does the killing, but it does have a psychological effect.)


But of course I got past my guilt and enjoyed the scrumptious feast...


...and some good company:


Here's to another five years and beyond!

Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy | 9:06 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha....oh that was fun.

10/25/2006 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are adorable: Happy Anniversary! I know how you feel about the lobsters, though. Last time we were at the beach, I could NOT stand the thought of cooking those beautiful blue crabs that were still kicking in the cooler!

10/26/2006 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home