The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

6.29.2006

Live Everything...


"Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."

~~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 2:26 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like that pic. where is it from?

6/29/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

would you believe that it's from microsoft's free clipart site?

6/29/2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know that picture has changed since you first posted it. it now looks...GREAT! what is different with it now? oh i know...it has been Dave'd!!!

6/29/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a great picture! I had no idea microsoft had stuff like that.

6/30/2006 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home