The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

9.07.2006

Fun with Video

My brother, who is a keen collector of odd online videos, introduced me to Glumbert.com, apparently run by a guy who is an even keener collector of such oddities. Some of the videos that David sent to me were downright disturbing, including a creepy montage of clips from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. I mean, really, how can you make Mr. Rogers creepy? (Sadly, it can be done. But should it ever be done? I think we all can agree -- No. Okay, my brother wouldn't agree. But I'm still not linking to it.)

But here are some videos worth watching:


  • All the President's Words (from Comedy Central)
  • "I lost to Barry Manilow!" (from the 2006 Emmys)
  • Crazy Frog Brothers (These techno-synching kids are awesome. You have to watch until the end of the video. What is the taller one swinging on? A rope? A curtain tie-back? Come to think of it, he looks like the pre-adolescent version of more than one of my teenage boyfriends!)
  • Acoustic Outkast cover (This is bloody brilliant. The original version of "Hey Ya" is a lot of fun, but this cover is miles away from it and just beautiful. I tip my hat to Obadiah Parker, which is apparently a band, not a man.)

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 5:58 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the frog boys. The tall kid is hilarious-but it does look like that rope has a noose at the end or something. I'm surprised they could get through the whole thing without laughing.

9/08/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

I know! I espeically like how serious the shorter kid is.

9/08/2006 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home