The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

4.19.2006

Five Guilty Pleasures

There's a "Life's Simple Pleasures" tag that's been going around. Hannah, my blog fried by proxy (via Allyson), has suggested a Guilty Pleasures tag. Always one for some good, clean guilty pleasures, I'd liked to volunteer for the initial post.

Five Guilty Pleasures
1. 80s music (also see #6 in the list of weird things about me.)

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawson's Creek, and Angel

3. Oh-so-many really-good-tasting, really-bad-for-you foods (which is a really great guilty pleasure, since you need to eat to live; it's like a bonus!) There's just not enough space to list them all.

3. Bottled water (the guilt comes in when you factor the cost)

4. Advice columns (like Since You Asked and Dear Prudence)

5. Playing hooky

And I'm tagging:
Hanna
Allyson
Jess (since you have no blog, you must post on mine)
David

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 1:50 PM

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a tough one!

1. Beauty and the Geek. I know that is reality tv at it's worst, but I was hooked!

2. Marble Slab Creamery. There should be a law about not being able to build ice cream places within 5 miles of a residential area. Evil.

3. Bon Jovi. Okay, come on...I'm from Pittsburgh. He's a god here.

4. Little House on the Prairie. I have always loved this show. It's on at 8pm every night and I have been known to skip a new episode of something else to see an old favorite.

5. iTunes. It is just way too easy to spend money on music these days. Before, you actually had to want something bad enough to drive somewhere and get it. Now you just have to move your index finger!

4/19/2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

I almost listed iTunes as well! And I have another one to add to my list. Those wife swap reality shows. There are two of them. I don't know which is which, except that one is on for an hour and the other is also an hour but is always a two-parter. I crack up at watching these close-minded people freak out at how other people live, even though they signed up to be on the bloody show!!

4/19/2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wish to see mine, go to my blog. Just click on my name.

4/19/2006 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! This stings like a bee. No love on the list for me?

4/19/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Okay, FMB. Hit me with your guilty faves!

4/19/2006 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now we are talking turkey, you turkey.

1. Ewe's milk cheeses

2. Whey cheeses

3. Camembert cheeses

4. Aurora

5. Tatentaise

You may have to look a few of those up!

4/19/2006 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you mean "Tarentaise"?

4/19/2006 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way man. I am talking about Hotel Ibis Moutiers Tatentaise. One of my favorite places to skate on my wheels. And for the record Tarentaise is not good, bad after taste.

4/19/2006 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The man keeps blocking my links. Check out this link for my hotel:

http://www.accomodate.org/FR/QMU.html

4/19/2006 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posted. . .no one is allowed to make fun of me. Ever.
Jess--I'm totally with you on the Marble slab-but here we only have Coldstone or Mootown. Anytime you can have raspberries and brownies mixed into your chocolate icecream, well, that's just happy. Of course, the last time I threw up, that was what came up. On second thought, maybe I can leave that off my list!

4/19/2006 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home