The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

4.25.2006

After All These Years

Some old loves never die. And just when you think you've plumbed their depths, new beauties arise!

Many thanks to my friend Jack Warren (who is married to the lovely and talented Melissa Mander Warren) for sending me a
link to live Harrod & Funck recordings. There are several previously unheard (and presumably unrecorded) songs, which is a really nice surprise.

Don't know who Jason Harrod & Brian Funck are?
Find out. (And here's an interesting site if you're looking for lyrics and guitar tabs. Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of these.)

Although this duo is no longer together, Jason Harrod is still making music. (And I'm even listed as his friend on his Myspace, which is silly, I know. I'm not all that into the Myspace revolution, but I do have a little corner over there.)

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy | 12:02 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I proclaim today "Jack Warren" day in the city of Pittsburgh. There will be much rejoicing in the streets.

4/25/2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,
first let me say that by the time i am done that corner of myspace that you own will grow to be a city block. and second, you are missing the most important thing...the fund. you need to blog about the fund and raise money for this cause. i dont want to say too much about it. wouldnt want to over kill the topic.

4/25/2006 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check the link on my name. i think you know what we are talking about.

4/25/2006 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok its not letting me link my name on that last one...arg.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=683440363&n=2

4/25/2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home