The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

1.25.2006

William Shatner's Expensive Kidney

According to CNN.com, "Actor William Shatner has sold his kidney stone for $25,000, with the money going to a housing charity...." That's a pricey piece of pain.

Apparently, CNN has a whole Offbeat News section. Maybe this is not news to you. But I'm fascinated by it!

And speaking of William Shatner. Have you watched Boston Legal? It's the best thing Shatner has ever done. ("Denny Crane!") ...Well, the best thing he's done next to those Travelocity commercials. And maybe that weird musical duet he did at some award show last year.

And I know it might be wrong, but I just eat up James Spader as Alan Shore.

Labels:

add to kirtsy | 6:47 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst! You're doing it again! You're neglecting your blog. . .and your faithful friends check it everyday, hoping, hoping, and then, "aw, man! nothing!"

Give us some sugar, baby!

2/02/2006 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home