The Stories I Tell ~ from The Word Cellar

Stories. Anecdotes. A free round of words for everyone!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I love stories. I'm the one at social functions with a dozen new anecdotes. But I worry about hogging the conversation. Sometimes I tell myself that I'll be quiet and let others do the talking. But no matter how hard I try, my stories insist on bursting out! Here I can let my stories (the classics that I tell again and again, as well as new ones that unfold along the way) run free. I'm a professional writer and editor, and sole proprietor of The Word Cellar. I write for a variety of publications and clients on everything from green buildings and nuclear reactors to entrepreneurship and the arts. If you need words written, edited, or enlivened, I can help. Contact me.

5.13.2007

Sunday Scribblings: Second Chance

Areas of life in which second chances are invaluable and should always be allowed:
  • Miniature golf
  • Relationships
  • Trying a new recipe
  • Playing Frisbee
  • Remembering someone's name
  • Math
  • First impressions
  • Job interviews
  • First dates

Areas of life in which a do-over is a bad sign:
  • Surgery
  • Dentistry
  • Anything involving needles, including tattoos and piercings
  • Piloting a flight

Feel free to add to the lists.

Labels:

add to kirtsy | 12:37 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

This is a fun list!

5/13/2007 2:41 PM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Do-over should be allowed: SATs.
Do-over is a bad sign: blog comments.

5/13/2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Thanks, crafty green poet.

And good additions, patois.

5/14/2007 1:57 AM  
Blogger Rob Kistner said...

Terrific and witty! :)

5/14/2007 2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do-over should be allowed: first kiss
Do-over is a bad sign: first kiss

Same answer, right answer.

5/14/2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Thanks very much, Rob.

Evad: I almost included that in at least one of the lists. Good call!

5/14/2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Beaman said...

Your last one about piloting a flight is the best!

5/22/2007 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home